Vice President Election
EC issue notification for election of V.P. of India as current V.P. Hamid Ansari’s terms comes to end on August 10, 2017 .
About Vice President
- EX-offico Chairman of Rajya Sabha acting president when president not present. Article(65)
Eligibility– Article 66 defines the eligibility for the qualification of the vice president of India.
- Citizen of India and completed 35 years of age.
- Qualified to be a member of Rajya Sabha.
- Not hold office of profit.
- Nomination subscribed by atleast 20 electors as proposers and 20 as seconders.
- Through proportional representation by means of single transferable vote by elected members of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha.
Terms and Removal:
- Terms is of 5 years.
- Earlier by resignation or removal .
- No impeachment process.
- Removal by resolution passed by Rajya Sabha only but agreeable to Lok Sabha.
- 14 days notice is to be given prior to the introduction of the resolution of removal in the Parliament.