H.P. Administrative Services Combined Examination 2017
Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission invited application for the various posts under class 1 gazetted officer HPAS on the regular basis, the desirous candidate can apply online on or before 30 January 2017.
Details of the vacancy in HPAS 2017
Name of the organization = HPPSC
Total Number of vacancies = 30
Mode of applying = online (http://www.hppsc.hp.gov.in/hppsc/)
Fee = General – 400, SC, S.T, O.B.C. – 100, Ex-Serviceman – No Fee.
Age = between 21 to 35 year (Further Age relaxation as per the guidelines)
Last Date = 30 January 2017
Essential qualification = Graduation from a recognized university
Breakup of Vacancies
|Vacancy||Post||Pay-Band||Category Wise Breakup|
|4||HPAS||Rs.15600-39100 + 5400||G-2 + Ex.S.-1 + PWD-1|
|7||Tehsildar||Rs.10300- 34800+5000||G-3 + OBC– 1 + Ex.S. – 2 + PH-1|
|6||Block Development Officers||Rs.10300-34800 +5000||G-4 + SC-1 + OBC-1|
|7||Treasury Officers||Rs.10300-34800 + 5000||G-4 + SC-2 + Ex.S.-1|
*G= General, EX.S. = Ex-Serviceman (Gen), PWD = Hearing Impaired (Gen.), OBC= Other Backward Category, SC= Schedule Caste, PH = Physically Handicapped Orthopedically (Gen.)
*Telephone No. 0177-2624313 & 2629738 on working days between 10.00 hrs to 17.00 hrs. Toll-Free number1800-180-8004
STAGE – I (PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION)
Paper-I General Studies – his preliminary examination will consist of two objective type papers (multiple choice questions) and carry a maximum of 400 marks each 200 marks.
Paper-II Aptitude Test – This paper shall be of 200 marks and in this paper there shall be 100 objective type (Multiple choices) questions. (Only Qualifying Nature)
STAGE – 2 Mains Examinations
Phase 1 – Compulsory Subjects 1. English 2. Hindi 3. Essay 4. General Studies
Phase 2 – Optional Subjects – Total 4 papers consisting of 150 marks each.
Syllabus for HAS
Paper-I General Studies
- History, geography, political, art & culture and socio economic development of Himachal Pradesh.
- Currents events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian national movement.
- Indian and World Geography-physical, social, economic, geography of India and the world.
- Indian polity and governance –Constitution, political system, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues, etc.
- Economic and social development – sustainable development poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
- General science.
Paper-II Aptitude Test
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level).
- English Language comprehension skills (Class X level).
The number of candidates to be called for Main written examination will be about 20 times of the total number of vacancies.
Paper 1 English Marks -100
- English Grammar – (20 Marks)
- Usage and vocabulary – (20 Marks)
- English Composition Letter / Application / Report / Note writing – (20 Marks)
- Comprehension of unseen passages – (20 Marks)
- Precise Writing – (20 Marks)
Paper 2 HINDI Marks – 100
- Translation of an English passage into Hindi.
- Translation of Hindi passage into English.
- Explanation of Hindi passage in Prose and Poetry in the same language.
- Composition (Idioms, corrections etc.)
Paper 3 ESSAY Marks 100
A fair choice of topics covering
- Current affairs
- Socio-political issues
- Aspects of culture and history
- Reflective topics will be given to test the candidates’ understanding of these issues and their flair for expressing themselves in the English language
Paper 4 General Studies Marks 150
Knowledge of current events of National and International importance and of such matter of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper will also include questions on Modern History (From 1857 onwards) of India, Indian Culture, Indian Polity, Indian Economy and Geography of India of such nature as candidates should be able to answer without special study and questions on the teachings of Mahatma Gandhi.
Paper 5, 6, 7 & 8 Optional Subjects
Optional – 1 Optional – 2
Paper 1 – 150 Paper 1 – 150
Paper 2 – 150 Paper 2 – 150
Previous Year Question Papers of HAS
Study Notes for HAS 2017
Detailed analysis of Current Affairs – updating Soon