General Knowledge MCQ-Indian Geography Set-5
1.Which of the following mountain passes lies outside India ?
- Bara Lacha La
2. Which of the following two states are largest producers of Coal in India?
- Jharkhand & Chhattisgarh
- Madhya Pradesh & Orissa
- Bihar & West Bengal
- Andhra Pradesh & Chhattisgarh
3. Which of the following passes and locations is/are wrongly matched?
A. Zojila and Burzil – Jammu & Kashmir
B. Bara Lapcha La and Shipki La – Uttar Pradesh
C. Thaga La, Niti Pass and Lipu Lekh – Himachal Pradesh
D. Nathu La and Jelep La – Sikkim
- A and B
- B and C
- C and D
- A, B and C
4. Which of the following is the main difference between the Western and Eastern Ghats?
- Proximity to the coast
5. Jonk River, Ib River, Ong River & Tel river are tributaries of which of the following rivers?
6. Which one of the following statements is wrong regarding the “Norwesters” of Bengal?
- It is caused due to strong surface heating
- It originates in the Chhotanagpur plateau region
- It is a kind of thunderstorm
- None of the above
7. The average annual temperature of a meteorological station is 26°C, its average annual rainfall is 63 cm and the annual range of temperature is 9° The station in question is:
8. Arunachal Himalayas is inhabited by numerous ethnic tribes. Identify those tribes
- I and II only
- I,III and IV only
- II and III
9. Arrange the following eastern Hills as per their general alignment from north to south:
I. Patkai Bum
II. Mizo Hills
III. Naga Hills
IV. Manipur Hills
10.Loktak lake is situated in the state of
11. The length of coastline is about-
- 5900 km
- 6100 km
- 7000 km
- 7500 km
12. Which state has the largest coastline in India?
- Tamil Nadu
- Andhra Pradesh
13. The Karakoram Highways connects which of the following pairs of countries?
- India – Nepal
- India – China
- India – Pakistan
- Pakistan – China
14. Kalgoorlie and Coolgardie – places famous for gold mines are located in:
- South Africa
15.Tadoba national park known for sheltering tiger panther and bear is located in:
- Tamil Nadu