General-Knowledge MCQ-Indian History Set-3
1.What was the objective of Vaikom Satyagraha launched in Kerala?
- Remove untouchability.
- Force the temple authorities to appoint non-brahmins as priests.
- Ban the institution of Devadasis for temple service.
- Open the temples for the entry of the lower castes avarnas.
2. Who said “If it was proved to me that it (untouchabality) is an essential part of Hinduism I for one would declare myself an open rebel against Hinduism itself”?
- M.K. Gandhi
- Jyotiba Phule
3. Identify the institution which was turned into Benaras Hindu University by Madan Mohan Malaviy
- Bethane College for women started in 1849 by Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar.
- Hindu college founded in 1817 by David Hare.
- Vedanta college founded in 1825 by Rammohan Roy.
- Central Hindu school established by Mrs. Annie Besant.
4. The Battle of Chillianwalla was a part of?
- Anglo-Maratha Wars
- Anglo-Carnatic Wars
- Anglo-French Wars
- Anglo-Sikh Wars
5. In which year Jahangir issued the charter to East India Company for establishing the trade establishments in India?
6. August 9 1925 is known in the Indian History for which of the following incidences?
- Chauri Chaura incidence
- Kakori Train Robbery
- Jallianwallah Bagh Incidence
- The seize of Cawnpore
7. Which of the following is not true of the Cabinet Mission plan ?
- It rejected the creation of a separate State of Pakistan.
- It recognized India’s right to secede from the Commonwealth.
- All members of the Indian Cabinet are to be Indians.
- It gave scope to the communal representation
8. The Nehru-Liaqat Pact between India and Pakistan was signed to solve the problem of:
- The accession of the Princely States
- The Border Issues
- Foreign Relations
9. British crown took over the Indian Government to end the rule of East India Company in the year ______.
10. Rabindranath Tagore was born on
- 7th May 1861
- 16th May 1866
- 7th May 1862
- 17th May 1860
11. Who founded the ‘All India Harijan Samaj’ in 1932?
- B R Ambedkar
- Acharya Narendra Dev
- Mahatma Gandhi
- Jagjivan Ram
12. To which personality Gandhiji gave the title “Deen Bandhu”?
- Sri Aurobindo
- CF Andrews
- Vinoba Bhave
- CR Das
13. Which of the following leaders died as a result of Injuries sustained during a protest demonstration against Simon Commission?
- Bal Gangadhar Tilak
- Dadabhai Naoroji
- Goplakrishna Gokhale
- LaIa Lajpat Rai
14. Who gave the slogan ‘Inquilab Zindabad’?
- Bhagat Singh
- Subhash Chandra Bose
- Md Iqbal
- Chandra Shekhar Azad
15. Who said that the exploitative nature of British rule was ‘Bleeding India White’?
- Dadabhai Naoroji
- Annie Besant