General-Knowledge MCQ-Indian Polity Set-3
1.Railways is a subject on the:
- Concurrent List
- Union List
- State List
- Residual List
2. Which of the following is regarded as an essential function of the State?
- To run schools for education
- To provide defence against external attacks
- To prevent diseases
- To maintain good roads
3. Which of the following taxes is exclusively and totally assigned to the Central Government by the Constitution
- Estate Duty
- Sales Tax
- Corporation Tax
- Taxes on Railway fares and freight
4. Which of the following is not included in the State List in the Constitution of India?
- Law and Order
- Criminal Procedure Code
5. Match the following:
Committees of Constituent Assembly Chairmen
- Drafting Committee 1. Vallabhbhai PateI
- Committee on Fundamental and Minority Rights 2. Jawaharlal Nehru
- Union Constitution Committee 3. Kanhiyalal Munshi
- Working Committee 4. B.R. Ambedkar
A B C D
- 1 2 3 4
- 4 2 1 3
- 4 1 3 2
- 4 1 2 3
6. Which one of the following statements is correct?
- The Constituent Assembly of India was elected by the Provincial Assemblies in the year 1946
- Jawaharlal Nehru; M.A. Jinnah and Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel were members of the Constituent Assembly of India
- The First Session of the Constituent Assembly of India was held in January, 1947
- The Constitution of India was adopted on 26th January, 1950
7. Match the following:
A. July 22, 1947 1. Adoption of National Song by the Constituent Assembly
B. January 24, 1950 2. Adoption of National Emblem by the Government
C. January 26, 1950 3. Adoption of National Calendar by the Government
D. March 22, 1957 4. Adoption of National Flag by the Constituent Assembly
A B C D
- 4 1 2 3
- 3 1 2 4
- 4 2 1 3
- 2 1 3 4
8. Which of the following is/are correctly matched?
I. India’s National Song-Vande Mataram
II. India s National Flower-Rose
III. India’s National Animal-Tiger
IV. India’s National Bird-Eagle
- I and IV
- I, II and III
- II, III and IV
- I and III
9. The design of the National Flag was adopted by the Constitutent Assembly of India in:
- July, 1948
- July, 1950
- July, 1947
- August, 1947
10. Which of the following are the principal features of Government of India Act, 1919?
- Introduction of dyarchy in the executive government of the provinces.
- Introduction of separate communal electorate for Muslims.
- Devolution of legislative authority by the Centre to the Provinces.
- Expansion and reconstitution of Central and Provincial Legislatures.
- 1, 2 and 3
- 1, 2 and 4
- 2, 3 and 4
- 1, 3 and 4
11. Which of the following article deals with the election of the Vice-president?
- Article 64
- Article 68
- Article 66
- Article 62
12. Which of the article deals with the grants in aid by the Union government to the states?
- Article 270
- Article 280
- Article 275
- Article 265
13. Total number of seats in Lower House of Parliament
14. Total number of seats in Upper House of Parliament
15. Preamble enshrines ideals spelt out in:
- Speech by Nehru on the banks of Ravi calling for Purna Swaraj.
- Nehru Report
- Resolution adopted at the Karachi session of the Congress
- Objectives Resolution of the Constituent Assembly